It doesn’t change the fact that there are things I’d like for myself this year, and so I’m starting again. A new list, a few days late, but no less resolved. (this was cross-posted on Tumblr, too). I'll strike through the goals as I accomplish them.
In 2010 I Will…Professional
Professionally I want 2010 to be all about my platform: evolving my blog to become a well-rounded lifestyle guide and resource with great writing, amazing recipes, and party/home advice; networking and meeting people who will inspire me, guide me, and help me get closer to reaching my goals; building a strong relationship with my audience and readers; promoting myself through all branches of mainstream, online, and alternative media; establishing myself as a lifestyle and homecooking expert. To achieve this I will…
1. Finish writing and editing my narrative cookbook proposal so that it is agent-ready by St. Patrick’s Day.
2. Sign with a literary agent.
3. Get and sign a book deal.
11. Research midcentury housekeeping and cooking for possible 2nd book project.
12. Answer all blog mail immediately and respond to all Tweets.
Two of my long-term goals are to create a career for myself that will allow me to work full-time from home and on my own hours and to have a home with a big kitchen and big dining/entertaining areas in a neighborhood I truly love. To do this, I need to take steps towards becoming more frugal so that I waste less money on things I don’t really need and instead invest them in obtaining the things I really want. Therefore I will…
17. Buy only used books (also bookswap.com)
19. Participate in Project Hunger
20. Attempt a 1950s Housewife Food Budget for 1 month to inspire creativity and awareness about how much I spend on food and how to be frugal
I want to continue to make my home a place that pleases and comforts me at all times. I want everything in it to be beautiful and meaningful. Therefore I will…
Continue to grow and nurture the many creative projects and endeavors that capture my attention. Complete projects that I start. Seek the accountability and support of other around me who have similar interests.
28. Participate in Project 365 (taking 1 photo of something every single day; at least 1 self portrait a month)
32. Join a writer’s group like Morningside Writers
Make feeling good the priority for 2010. I’m already aware of the things that make me feel good and energetic, and the things that make me feel sluggish, tired, or bloated. I will incorporate this awareness into my daily life and into the meals that I prepare for myself and my family.
35. Find a coach or therapist to work with on ADD issues
36. Order long-term prescriptions online through Medco for larger discounts and more regular schedule
In 2010 I want to expand my social network to include more women who are out there already doing the things that I want to do and achieve. I want to learn from older women who have years more experience than I do. I want to record history. I want to surround myself with people who can inspire and teach me. Not lose sight of the amazing and brilliant people who already surround me at work, in my family, and in my various social networks.
42. Build relationships with other couples who have similar interests.
43. Meet the neighbors and help create more of a community within in our apartment building.